August 15, 2006

Hilary and Haylie Duff are taking their sisterly bond one-step further and appearing as, what else, wealthy sisters, in their upcoming movie titled Material Girls. Hilary is cute, whereas Haylie is, umm, Haylie. Neither sister seems to possess much talent in the acting arena either. I know Haylie is currently starring in Broadway's Hairspray but seriously, how much acting chops does that require?

When I caught the trailer of Material Girls, my first thought was 'oh, this is another movie catering mainly to the pre-teen set' and my second was 'hold on a sec, haven't I see this before?' It reminded me of pretty much every Mary-Kate & Ashley movie out there, along with the real-life movie of Paris & Nikki Hilton, without the bankruptcy, that is.


And like the Hiltons, the Duffs should stick to what they apparently do best- shopping. At least, there will be cute clothes in their movie.

So, who's next? Jessica and Ashlee, perhaps?


Their movie could be called From Rags to Riches: The Minister's Girls. :D

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think the Duff sisters are talented. I agree Hilary is cute, which is probably the reason she is still selling.

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are nothing special, and i can bet that this movie is not going to shake up the box office or the critics (well, not in a good way anyway).
is she producing this movie, btw? that's probably why she and her sister are in it.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Frapp said...

She's quite a good actress, not brilliant, too cutesy for me. You can't see her doing any serious roles any time soon. But I've never seen her sister act, so I'll hold my judgement on that subject.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOh, I luv those shoes on Haylie, what a pretty blue, anyone know who they are by???

and I agree, they really should stick to shopping, tee hee, they are sooo good at it.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOh, I luv those shoes on Haylie, what a pretty blue, anyone know who they are by???

and I agree, they really should stick to shopping, tee hee, they are sooo good at it.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Sophia said...

i actually like hilary duff. shes all grown up and has shed some baby fat now, i think shes gorgeous! and she doesnt look anorexic like keira knightley does (ew). i hope shes gonna stay that way!

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess they are ok. But the movie sounds totally crappy.

6:53 PM  
Blogger CaliforniaStyle said...

They do have cute clothes (most of the time).

4:32 AM  
Blogger pj said...

rofl >> From Rags to Riches: The Minister's Girls ;P

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOOOOL. I agree with the comment above. Good one, WWND!!

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Women Wear said...

Barneys collection of dresses are unique and fashionable. One of Organic cotton lace shorts romper with five-snap covered placket and bracelet sleeves. Pleated shorts and slash pockets.

4:07 AM  
Anonymous Women Wear said...

Hilary and Haylie Duff are as cute in real life as they are on film. They were very friendly during the interview. I got the feeling that Haylie is always looking out for her little sister, really jumping in front of the 'tough' questions. The sisters do seem to have a genuine bond.

4:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugg boots
ugg uk
ugg shoes
ugg sale
cheap ugg

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.